We have a proven methodology that takes a holistic approach to cloud adoption – "business driven, resource delivery focused". It accounts for all the factors required for a successful adoption: people, process, and technology resulting with focus on the following critical considerations:
- Strategy/Teams – Cloud Management and Mission/Project, PMO, Strategy
- On-boarding Process – Automate the Onboarding Process
- Defining Standard Roles across the teams – Permissions to access resources by job function (least privileged) and automating
- CSP Environments – DEV, TEST, PROD (identical development, testing, and production)
- Connectivity – On-premise, public, and hybrid cloud network access
- Automation – CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code, scripting the orchestration and deployment of resources
- Configuration Management - Governance and automation of tools
- Shared Services – Common capabilities generally provided by the enterprise
- Tagging – Important aspect to track resource utilization and billing
- AI/ML/Data Lakes - Rapid innovation and sutomation
Rapid innovation Through DevOps Methodology.
Cloud adoption is the most successful when taken as a holistic approach, where people, process and technology converge into one strategy at the enterprise level. It can and should start with all the components of an organization’s program management framework, overlaid with its agile software development methodology and the principles of DevOps.
DevOps will bring the ability to consistently, repetitiously, and reliably deploy applications or capabilities in a standardized manner. This will be achieved by focusing on the areas of resource provisioning, configuration, orchestration, and deployment; however, the full benefit of using the DevOps paradigm in a cloud environment is only fully realized with the adoption of automation.
The use of automation is critical to realizing the full benefits of the cloud. Manual processes are error prone, unreliable, and inadequate to support the rapidly changing needs of the mission and organization. The time of highly skilled resources could be better spent supporting other, more critical and higher value activities. The goal of full automation is to eliminate manual intervention or access to production environments and realize many of the following benefits:
- Enable rapid changes and emerging requirements
- Improve productivity
- Have repeatable configurations and reproducible environments all under change control
- Leverage elastic resources (scale up and down on-demand)
- Automated testing
- Fewer attack surfaces and a more consistent security model
C2S Consulting Group has years of experience in designing and implementing Cloud Solutions in the commercial and government spaces. Contact us to discuss how you can achieve rapid innovation through the DevOps Methodology.